Whole Brown lentils, also known as Masoor Dal / Sabut Masoor or Kaali Masoor, are one of the best vegetable sources of iron and also contain high levels of protein. When split in half they are in red from the inside.
– Brown masoor is a good source of dietary fibre and protein.
– It is believed to be helpful in lowering the bad cholesterol.
– It is a good source of folate, potassium and iron.
– Whole brown lentils can be served with rice or Indian breads like roti, naan etc.
– It can also be served as a soup when some vegetables or meat/ chicken is added to it.
– It is used to make vegetable stew.