This is TRS Mung Bean whole, with the green husk. Also known as Green gram, lentils, mung or moong beans, the little green circular-shaped beans – are popular all over the world. One bowl of these cooked lentils will not only help you lose weight, but will keep you full for a long time. Moong beans are considered one of the best vegetarian food products.
– They taste delicious as a regular dal or as sprouts. The beans can be soaked overnight, then tied in a moist cloth for 10-12 hours and left to sprout.
– Mung bean sprouts can be cooked with the spices, onions, garlic, ginger and tomatoes and can be served with roti, rice, naan etc.
– The sprouts can be added to salads and chaats.
– They are used in Bengal to make ‘Dal Tadka’ a thick, drier version of the dal, with the delicious addition of a raw egg cracked onto the finished, hot dal right at the end.
– They are used to prepare Mung dal chillahs or chilla or pancakes.
– They can be used in snacks (the Indian spicy mixture or ´Dal Moth´).