Moth Beans, pronounced as ‘Moat’ and commonly known as ‘Matki’ in India, are beans with a brown skin and a brownish-yellow interior. They taste delicious as a regular dal or as sprouts. (The Moth beans can be soaked overnight, then tied in a moist cloth for 10-12 hours and left to sprout).
– Matki sprouts have a greater concentration of vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes.
– Moth beans are high in fibre, low in calories and rich in nutrients. Hence they are often an important component in a diet plan.
– They are a good source of vitamin E, potassium, and iron which help fight hair problems.
– They also help in increasing immunity.
– When sprouted, Moth Beans contain a lot of antioxidants.